Our Sustainable Initiatives
Exhibitors and visitors are encouraged to be aware of the impact that we all have, both at our shows and outside of it, and at their own events too.
These are some of the practices we adopt to further our sustainable agenda:
The IMEX Challenge
A bi-annual CSR initiative designed to give meetings industry professionals the chance to work side by side in a physical challenge that will benefit a host community and leave a lasting financial legacy. More information.
- Encouraging attendees to travel by train where possible and offering carbon free train travel to Frankfurt with Deutsche Bahn to all European hosted buyers.
- Encouraging IMEX America attendees to utilise the public transport options available in Las Vegas.
- Using bio-diesel buses for 20% of hosted buyer transfers in Frankfurt and operating an anti-idling policy for all buses.
- Using halls that have a recycling policy - 89% of waste at IMEX in Frankfurt 2014 was recycled. The remainder was incinerated, with the energy created being used to generate free power for the local community.
- 95% recyclable polypropylene carpets are used in the hall in Frankfurt.
- Badge lanyards are made from plant silk, a biodegradable, sustainable, organic material manufactured from the waste stems of grain crops.
- The paper badge stock is from post consumer waste and recyclable. The badge holders are recyclable.
- We provide reusable, recyclable polypropylene visitor bags.
- Using recyclable, recycled or sustainable source paper, whenever possible when producing IMEX materials.
- Reducing paper consumption in the office and on site.
- Continually introduce new initiatives to try and reduce the waste at IMEX.
IMEX in Frankfurt offers exhibitors the opportunity to use hydroelectricity for their stand needs.
IMEX has been running Green Awards for the meetings industry since 2003: Green Meetings Award, Green Supplier Award and the Commitment to the Community Award, are all presented at the IMEX Gala Dinner. More information.