Nashville is known around the world as Music City, where music’s influence can be seen – and heard – everywhere you look, from the Ryman Auditorium to the honky tonks of Broadway. This year, Nashville becomes the home of PCMA Convening Leaders. With the theme ‘Amplifying Engagement’, this is a great chance for event professionals to learn a trick or two from Nashville about how to achieve a deeper connection with their audiences.
11 members of the IMEX team are among those flying out to Music City this week for PCMA Convening Leaders. If like Ellie, Heather, Mary, Richard and Sarah this is your first time in the city, we’ve compiled a list of what to eat, drink and do during your stay.
- Biscuit Love has got itself a reputation for the best biscuits in town, demonstrated by queues around the block at weekends! If you’re prepared to wait, try the Lily, a biscuit version of French toast.
- Arnold’s Country Kitchen is a no frills cafeteria-restaurant – but don’t let that put you off! Here you’ll find the best hot chicken, fried green tomatoes and the creamiest banana pudding this side of the Mason Dixon.
- The Farm House is IMEX’s own Suzanne Mulligan’s favourite dinner spot in Nashville – locally-sourced food, great atmosphere and just off Broadway.
- When caffeine levels are running low, grab a bourbon-vanilla latte at Barista Parlour. A hipster coffee shop with a delicious drinks menu.
- The George Jones is a locals’ rooftop bar with live music and one of the best views of the Cumberland River.
- If you’re going out for the evening, start at Losers, a locals-only dive bar where you never know who might hop on stage for a song or two. Once you are done feeling low, head next door to Winners!
- Strike a pose in front of the ‘I believe in Nashville’ mural so all your friends know where you’ve been.
- Only minutes away from Downtown is Centennial Park, with its impressive full-size replica of the Parthenon in Athens.
- The Country Music Hall of Fame encapsulates the spirit of Nashville. Even those who aren’t fans of country music have a good time here.
- If you’re out in the evening, walk across the Pedestrian Bridge for a great view of the city at sunset.
We hope your experience of Nashville perfectly complements your time at PCMA Convening Leaders. Keep an eye out for the IMEX Group team members and follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates straight from Music City!