- Anti-Bribery Laws: The applicable anti-bribery laws in the country in which the IMEX Group In-Person Event is held, or where it is an IMEX Group Digital Event, the laws of England and Wales
- Applicable Laws: All applicable laws, statutes, regulations from time to time in force and as applicable in the country in which the IMEX Group In-Person Event is held, or where it is an IMEX Group Digital Event, the laws of England and Wales
- Attendee: An attendee to an IMEX Group In-Person Event, including a hosted buyer, or to an IMEX Digital Event
- Booth: Shall have the same meaning as a Stand
- COVID-19: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19), Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2); or any mutation or variation of SARS-CoV-2
- Discriminatory Behaviour: Any act of discrimination including but not limited to verbal comments that indicate superiority related to gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion, deliberate intimidation, sustained disruption of talks or other events, unsolicited physical contact, advocating for, or encouraging any of the above behaviour
- Exhibitor: Shall mean any business, company, organisation, partnership, firm or individual to whom a Booth/Stand has been allocated for the purpose of exhibiting at the IMEX Group In-Person Event, including all staff and representatives of such Exhibitor
- IMEX: Shall mean Regent Exhibitions Limited, where you are an Exhibitor, Participant or Attendee at the IMEX Frankfurt Exhibition, or IMEX America Limited where you are an Exhibitor, Participant or Attendee at the IMEX America Exhibition, or Regent Exhibitions Limited where you are an Attendee or Participant at an IMEX Group Digital Event
- IMEX Group: Shall mean Regent Exhibitions Limited and IMEX America Limited.
- IMEX Group Digital Event: Shall mean an event hosted by IMEX, to be attended by Participants and Attendees virtually through digital means
- IMEX Group Events: Comprise IMEX Group In-Person Events or other events to be attended in person and the IMEX Group Digital Events (including, but not limited to, PlanetIMEX)
- IMEX Group In-Person Event: Shall mean either the IMEX in Frankfurt exhibition or the IMEX America exhibition, in relation to which you are an Exhibitor, Participant or Attendee
- Participant: Shall mean any business, company, organisation, partnership, firm who has been accepted for participation in an IMEX Group Event
- Stand: Shall mean a specific floor area of venue of the IMEX Group In-Person Event which has been contracted to an Exhibitor at an IMEX Group In-Person Event
- Venue Owner: Shall mean the owner of the venue where the IMEX Group In-Person Event takes place
- You: Shall mean an Exhibitor, Participant or Attendee
2. Who we are
- 2.1 IMEX Group Events comprise IMEX Group In-Person Events (including, but not limited to the IMEX Frankfurt exhibition and the IMEX America exhibition), and IMEX Group Digital Events (including, but not limited to PlanetIMEX).
- 2.2 Regent Exhibitions Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 04244044, having its registered office at The Agora, First Floor, Ellen Street, Hove, East Sussex, United Kingdom BN3 3LN (“Regent Exhibitions Limited”) owns and runs the IMEX Frankfurt Exhibition and produces IMEX Group Digital Events.
- 2.3 IMEX America Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 07339316, having its registered office at The Agora, First Floor, Ellen Street, Hove, East Sussex, United Kingdom BN3 3LN (“IMEX America Limited”) owns and runs the IMEX America Exhibition.
- 3.1 These Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) apply to you during and in relation to your attendance at IMEX Group Events.
- 3.2 You must:
- 3.2.1 be over the age of 18 to attend an IMEX Group Event;
- 3.2.2 comply with all health, safety and security advice provided to you by IMEX and/or the Venue Owner, whilst at an IMEX Group Event, including but not limited to any guidance or procedures that you are asked to comply with relating to public risks, health and safety and COVID-19 procedures
- 3.2.3 comply with any terms and conditions provided to you by the Venue Owner;
- 3.2.4 comply with any reasonable instructions IMEX provide to you during an IMEX Group Event; and
- 3.2.5 comply with all Applicable Laws, including but not limited to Anti-Bribery Laws.
- 3.3 Whilst at an IMEX Group Event you must not:
- 3.3.1 be intoxicated or under the influence of drugs;
- 3.3.2 smoke in any areas other than designated smoking areas;
- 3.3.3 take part in any canvassing, leafleting, demonstrations or fudraising which have not been pre-agreed with IMEX;
- 3.3.4 be rude, threating, aggressive, harassing or violent towards any person;
- 3.3.5 cause injury or damage to any other person or property;
- 3.3.6 take part in any objectionable behaviour or any activity, which may disrupt the IMEX Group Event, Exhibitors or Participants;
- 3.3.7 act in a manner which damages or could damage the reputation of IMEX;
- 3.3.8 undertake unauthorised use of photography, filming or recording; or
- 3.3.9 breach the intellectual property rights of IMEX, an Attendee, Participant or an Exhibitor.
- 3.4 You must not bring animals or pets to an IMEX Group In-Person Event unless such animals are required for medical purposes.
- 3.5 IMEX strives for its IMEX Group Events to be a positive experience from beginning to end for everyone. IMEX celebrate the diversity of all Attendees, Participants, Exhibitors, IMEX staff or Venue Owner staff, and will not tolerate Discriminatory Behaviour by or towards anyone taking part or attending an IMEX Group Event (whether physically or through any digital medium). During your attendance at an IMEX Group Event you agree to respect and be kind to everyone at the IMEX Group Event regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other aspect of appearance or background.
- 3.6 In the event IMEX (acting in its sole discretion), deems you have failed or are likely to fail to comply with your obligations in clause 3.2 to 3.5 above, IMEX reserves the right to stop any activity on the part of any attendee that may interfere with, or cause annoyance to any Exhibitors or any other Attendees. Exhibitors or sponsors reserve the right to refuse an Attendee’s participation in any IMEX Group Event that they have organised, including but not limited to IMEX Group Events taking place on their exhibition stand (whether in-person or digital), events taking place at another venue, or digital events. IMEX shall not be liable to the Attendee for any loss suffered as a result, including the right to a refund, as well as any liability in respect of activities undertaken by other third parties (including Participants, Exhibitors or Attendees) at an IMEX Group Event.
- 4.1 IMEX makes no guarantee as to the suitability or appropriateness of an IMEX Group Event for you.
- 4.2 All content and information at the IMEX Group Event is provided on an “as is” basis and IMEX makes no guarantee as to the accuracy of any content and information provided to you at the IMEX Group Event, whether from IMEX, a Participant or otherwise.
- 5.1 Nothing in these Terms limits any liability which cannot legally be limited, including, where so limited, liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- 5.2 Subject to clause 5 (1) above, IMEX shall not, in relation to any loss you suffer whilst in attendance or arising out of your attendance at the IMEX Group Event, be liable for any:
- 5.2.1 loss of profit, goodwill, business, loss of agreements or corruption to data;
- 5.2.2 any consequential, indirect or special losses however arising;
- 5.2.3 any remote losses that could not reasonably have been foreseen by the parties;
- 5.2.4 any proportion of any loss that was caused or contributed to by any person other than IMEX;
- 5.2.5 any proportion of any loss that could reasonably have been mitigated but was not mitigated; or
- 5.2.6 any combination of the above.
- 5.3 Subject to clause 5 (1) and (2) above, IMEX’s total liability to you under these Terms and in relation to the IMEX Group Event:
- 5.3.1 for loss arising from IMEX’s failure to comply with its data processing obligations, shall not exceed £10,000; and
- 5.3.2 for all other loss or damage shall not exceed £5,000.
- 5.4 Subject to clause 5.3.1, IMEX does not accept responsibility for any loss you suffer as a result of any loss, damage or theft of personal property whilst attending the IMEX Group Event and any personal property you bring to an IMEX Group Event is at your own risk.
- 5.5 Subject to clause 5.1 above, IMEX assumes no liability in relation to any loss you incur at the IMEX Group Event which arises as a result of the Venue and would be the liability of the Venue Owner.
- 5.6 Notwithstanding all precautions taken by IMEX, Venue Owners or any other third parties at an IMEX Group In-Person Event, IMEX shall not be liable in any way for, and Participants, Exhibitors and Attendees by participating in the Event waive any claims with respect to, any issues relating to public health matters generally, and specifically COVID-19, if any Participants, Exhibitors or Attendees contract COVID-19 at the Venue whilst attending an IMEX Group In-Person Event. Attendance at an IMEX Group In-Person Event is entirely at your own risk and you must:
- 5.6.1 make your own assessment as to whether you are comfortable to attend and travel to and from the IMEX Group In-Person Event;
- 5.6.2 take all precautions as recommended by general health and safety authorities (including, but not limited, travel quarantine or other restrictions or recommendations that may be in place relating to anyone travelling to another country or place where the IMEX Group In-Person Event is located);
- 5.6.3 comply with any specific precautions or guidelines notified to you by a Venue Owner and/or IMEX as may be relevant for that specific IMEX Group In-Person Event.
- 5.7 IMEX is not responsible for the acts or omission of any Attendees, Participants or Exhibitors at the IMEX Group Event and any contracts or agreement entered into by you and a Participant, Exhibitor or Attendee during or as a result of the IMEX Group Event is entirely at your discretion and IMEX shall have no liability in relation thereto.
- 5.8 Any opinions or views of any speaker, Exhibitor, Participant or Attendee, may not necessarily be the opinion or view of IMEX and IMEX does not (unless it expressly states so otherwise) endorse any statement, view or opinion of any speaker, Exhibitor, Participant or Attendee.
6. Data Protection
- 6.3 During the IMEX Group In-Person Event, Exhibitors and/or Participants may ask to scan your badge. It is at your discretion whether you permit such scanning. IMEX has no control over the Exhibitors and/or Participants use of the personal data it collects when scanning your badge and Exhibitors and/or Participants collect such personal data in accordance with their privacy terms. Should you wish to review such terms you should liaise directly with the Exhibitor or Participant. IMEX has no control over this.
- 6.4 IMEX does not collect personal data through CCTV or webcams at the IMEX Group In-Person Event, but the Venue Owner and/or Exhibitors may do so. If you have any questions in relation to this, you should check this with these third parties.
7. Photographs and Image Use
- 7.1 IMEX may take photographs, audio, recordings and video footage (“Material”) at IMEX Group Events and use them to promote future events, in direct mail and email marketing, newsletters, educational materials, social media, press releases and broadcasts over the internet, through our broadcast partners, or via other broadcast services (“Permitted Use”).
- 7.2 For Material where inclusion of your image or personal data is incidental and you cannot be identified IMEX do not consider it to be feasible or necessary to obtain your express permission.
- 7.3 You acknowledge and agree that by attending an IMEX Group Event, Material may be created for which your image is in the forefront of the Material and you can be identified, but you are not the intended subject matter. If you do not want to be included in such Material, please notify IMEX prior to your arrival at the Exhibition. If you do not notify IMEX of such, your attendance at the Exhibition is deemed consent to us or our third parties creating the Material and using it for the Permitted Use.
- 7.4 Where IMEX ask you to be photographed, interviewed or filmed and you agree to do so, your acceptance to be photographed, interviewed or filmed will be deemed consent for our use of the Material for the Permitted Use.
- 7.5 Where consent is provided or deemed in accordance with clauses 7.3 and 7.4 above, you do not object to IMEX:
- 7.5.1 storing copies of the Materials for as long as necessary to fulfil the Permitted Use; and
- 7.5.2 sharing the Material with the IMEX Group and/or third parties IMEX appoints in connection with achieving the Permitted Use.
- 7.6 You have the right to withdraw the consent you have provided but this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out by IMEX before you withdrew your consent. For the purposes of data protection laws, IMEX is the controller and responsible for the personal data comprising the Materials.
- 7.7 By attending an IMEX Group Event, you hereby agree to IMEX collecting and using your name, photograph and biography in connection with the Permitted Use. You can request to have your image removed if you wish.
- 7.8 You agree that IMEX is the owner of all Material and that in relation to your image, you hereby waive any rights attached to the use of such image by IMEX including the waiver of any moral rights or image rights, and agree that IMEX shall be entitled to edit, crop, splice, treat and edit (at IMEX’s discretion) without the need to inspect or review the Material.
- 7.9 In certain circumstances Participants, Exhibitors and other Attendees may take photographs or conduct filming. In such circumstances IMEX do not have control over what images they collect and their use of such and if you have any questions in relation to this you should discuss this with the relevant third party.
8. Intellectual Property Rights
- 8.1 IMEX is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the content it provides or displays at IMEX Group Events. The Participants and/or Exhibitors are the owners or licensee of all intellectual property rights in the content they provide or display at an IMEX Group Events. Such works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world and all such rights are reserved.
- 8.2 You acknowledge the intellectual property ownership rights set out in clause 8.1 above and agree that unless IMEX or the applicable Participant or Exhibitor expressly grant you permission to use such intellectual property rights you shall not to infringe such intellectual property rights.
- 8.3 You hereby confirm you are the owner of licensee of all intellectual property rights in any content you provide or display at an IMEX Group Event.
- 8.4 You agree to indemnify IMEX against all loss it may suffer as a result of your failure to comply with clauses 8.1- 8.3 above.
- 9.1 These Terms and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
- 9.2 Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with these Terms or its subject matter or formation.
- 9.3 If any provision or part-provision of these Terms are or become invalid, illegal or unenforceable, they shall be deemed deleted, but that shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of Terms.
- 9.4 A waiver of any right or remedy under these Terms or by law is only effective if given in writing and shall not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent right or remedy and a failure or delay by a party to exercise any right or remedy provided under this agreement or by law shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it prevent or restrict any further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
- 10.1 IMEX reserves the right to update these Terms from time to time at its discretion. These Terms were last updated on 9 January 2023
11. Email disclaimer notice
Any IMEX Group emails (and any attachments thereto) are confidential, and may be legally privileged, and are for the intended recipient(s) only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on any IMEX Group emails by anyone else is prohibited and may be a criminal offence. Please delete IMEX Group emails if obtained in error and notify the sender. Any views expressed in IMEX Group emails are those of the individual sender, not those of the company unless endorsed by a legal officer of IMEX Group.
12. IMEX America Babes in Arms policy
At IMEX we greatly encourage and promote access for all. Should you need to attend IMEX America with your infant aged below one year we ask that you keep in mind the business nature of the event and prepare accordingly.
We cannot allow anyone under 18, including babes in arms, access to the show floor during build up/breakdown.
Please adhere to the following:
- If your child becomes restless or is causing a disturbance, please be mindful of your fellow attendees and exit the show floor as needed
- Strollers are allowed on the show floor but please keep in mind the busy booths and walkways
IMEX America does offer a private breast-feeding space and breast-feeding in any public space is authorised by Nevada legislation and supported by IMEX.